Why a VA?
If you are not familiar with the ever-growing popular industry of Virtual Assistants, here is a bit more information about what they are and what they can do for your business …
What Is A Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant (VA) is a self-employed business owner, who works remotely with their clients to provide administrative, technical, or creative assistance from their home or office.
Often they will be in a different country from their client!
There are many different services offered by a VA’s. Each one will offer or specialise in their own specific
list of services.
What are the benefits of hiring a VA?
- Since a VA is Self Employed, they do not require you to pay Holiday Pay/Sick Pay/Tax/N.I. Employer contributions like an employee would.
- A VA works from their own home or office, so does not require you to pay for equipment or provide workspace.
- You only pay a VA for the amount time you need them (just like a Pay-As-You-Go Business Associate) and not to sit idly when your business is quiet.
- VA’s often offer ‘packages’ of services, which can be purchased at slightly lower rates than ad-hoc hours, to save you money.
- A VA can take care of your ‘Low Value’ admin tasks, giving you more time to focus on your ‘High Value’ or ‘Customer Facing’ tasks which generate revenue for your business.
- A VA will specialise in the services they provide and will usually have training or experience in those services, so instead of you trying to be a ‘Jack-of-all-trades’ in your business, a VA will be able to complete these tasks a lot faster and more accurately than you may be able to, leaving you with more time to liaise with your clients as the ‘face’ of your business.
(do you service your own car/boiler? Or do you contract a professional to do it?)
- And finally … A Virtual Assistant can take away stress from your business, by leaving you to concentrate on the tasks you enjoy – along with leaving you with more time to relax with your family or friends, instead of spending your evenings and weekends catching up with admin!
(You can fill more than 24 hours in a day, if you hire a VA!)